PUBLIC NOTICE 8/15/2021 6:30
NEW DIXIE FIRE EVACUATION ORDER AND WARNINGS
The emergency alert zone map can be accessed at: community.zonehaven.com
A NEW MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR Susan River
Canyon/Cheney Creek area south of Hwy 36 from Willard Hill east to Korver Rd and south to the intersection of Cheney Cr. Rd and dirt Gold Run Rd.
NEW EVACUATION WARNINGS HAVE BEEN ISSUED FOR
• South of Hwy 36 from Devil’s Corral east to Britt Ln and Thumper Hill and south to Cheney Creek Rd
• Diamond Mountain area from Forest Service Rd 29NO2 south to the Lassen County line
Mandatory Evacuation Orders remain in place for:
• Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County line east to the Willard Hill area.
• North of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County Line east to Coppervale.
• The area south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County line east to McCoy Flat including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area.
Evacuation Warnings remain in place for:
• West of Hwy 395 from Janesville Grade south to the Stuart Ln. intersection and west to the Lassen County line.
• Janesville area west of Hwy 395 from Bass Hill to Janesville Grade west to the Lassen County line including the area south of Bass Hill and the dirt portion of Wingfield Rd on the Janesville Side
• Area south of Hwy 44, north of Hwy 36, west to Hog Flat Reservoir
People who shelter in place in areas under evacuation order must stay in their homes. People roaming outside their property will be arrested.
• County Road A21 is closed to southbound traffic from Hwy 44
• Hwy 36 is closed west of the intersection of Hwy 44 and 36
Safety Message: People under evacuation order should leave immediately. Those under warning who require assistance and those with pets and livestock should leave now. Use caution, drive with your headlights on and yield to emergency personnel. If you need assistance evacuating, call dispatch at 530-257-6121. An Emergency Shelter is located at Lassen Community College in Susanville. The Shelter number is (530) 250-9004. Large animals can be taken to Lassen County Fairgrounds. Deputies will be going door to door to make notifications.