INCIDENT UPDATE Date: 08/18/2021 Time: 7:00 a.m.
Incident Start Date: 7/13/2021 Incident Start Time: 5:15 p.m.
Incident Type: Vegetation Cause: Under Investigation
Incident Location: Feather River Canyon near Cresta Powerhouse
CAL FIRE Unit: Butte, Lassen-Modoc, Tehama
Unified Command Agencies: CAL FIRE, United States Forest Service, National Park Service
Size: 635,728 acres Containment: 33% Expected Full Containment: TBD
First Responder Fatalities: 0 First Responder Injuries: 3
Civilian Fatalities: 0 Civilian Injuries: 0
Single Residences Destroyed: 645 Single Residences Damaged: 47
Multiple Residences Destroyed: 8 Multiple Residences Damaged: 4
Non-residential Commercial Damaged:
Other Minor Structures
Other Minor Structures
Current Situation Dixie Fire West Zone: Shifting winds continued to challenge crews as short to
mid-range spotting caused continued growth. Dry, cooler air pushed by east
winds allowed the fire to burn throughout the night, with minimal recovery of
humidity into the early morning hours. The fire growth continued to challenge
control lines throughout the night. Damage assessment is ongoing, and the
number of damaged and destroyed structures may change as teams are able
to access the fire area safely. Please see below for information affecting your
area. California historically experiences some of the most devastating wildfires.
West Zone Information Line: (530) 255-4023
East Zone Information Line: (530) 289-6735
Media Line: (530) 588-0845
Incident Website: www.fire.ca.gov
Page 2 of 9
Dixie Fire East Zone: Red flag weather and critically dry fuel conditions have
led to continued movement of the fire front to the east and south yesterday
afternoon and overnight. The fire has crossed to the south side of BeardsleyGrade Road and has quickly progressed towards Kessler Peak. In the Dyer
Mountain area, resources continue to secure and mop up the perimeter line
with 100 to 150 foot depth in most area. The fire is currently holding on Fruit
Growers Boulevard where firefighters continue to work on securing the line
and mopping up. All lines at Keddie Point and into the North Arm of Indian
Valley are holding and will continue to be patrolled. The cold front passed over
the East Zone of the fire at around 11 PM last night, causing winds to shift and
come out of the northwest and then the northeast. Northeasterly winds are
expected to persist today with gusts around 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
For more information on the Dixie Fire, click the following links:
CAL FIRE Website- https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents
USFS Information- https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7690/
**Refer to the Evacuation Map for up-to-date notices. All evacuationzones
may not be listed on this fact sheet.
Dixie Fire Structure Status Map (CAL FIRE)https://tinyurl.com/2m9en9t4
Plumas County Recovery Information: https://tinyurl.com/c8c8s5rd
PLUMAS COUNTY EVACUATION ORDERS
• Rush Creek
• Silver Lake (west of Meadow Valley)
• Caribou Rd north to the Humbug Rd and Humboldt Rd intersection
• This includes Belden Reservoir and Butt ValleyReservoir
• PrattvilleButtReservoirRoadand everything west to theButte/Plumas
• Humbug Road from the intersection of the Humbug-Humboldt Road west
to the Butte County line and everything south of the Humbug Road in under
a Mandatory EvacuationOrder.
• The community of Seneca south to Hwy70
• Round Valley Reservoir, Dixie Canyon, Indian Falls
• Long Valley (west of Round Valley), Dixie Canyon south to Indian Falls,south
ofIndian Falls to the Hwy 70/89 Junction.
Page 3 of 9
• Dixie Mountain, north to the Plumas Lassen County Line, to include,
Jordan Flats, Ferris Flat, Fitch Canyon and Cottonwood Mountain.
• Northwest of Round Valley Lake to Long Valley Mine and north to Hwy 89
• Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, south to Barlow Rd and everything west to
• Everything west of Hwy 89/36 Junction
• West along the south side of Hwy 36 to the County Line
and south of Hwy 36 to rock lake and west to the
• ALL OF GENESEE VALLEY, southeast of Taylorsville up the Genesee Rd
to just south of Babcock Crossing, Walker Mine Road, north portion of
Beckwouth Genesee Road.
• The unpopulated area of Babcock Crossing, Elephants Playground, and
Murdock Crossing areas. This includes Beckwourth-Genesee at Clover
Creek Loop, North to area of Drum Bridge, North to area of Babcock
crossing. East to Big Flat Spring, South to25N05, West to Beckwourth
• South of Antelope Lake and northeast of Genesee Valley.
• Community of Greenville, south along Hwy 89 to Stampfli Lane and along
North Valley Rd.
• Canyon Dam
• West Shore of Lake Almanor, Prattville, iIncludes “LAW”, Prattville, Big
Meadows, Rocky Point Campground, and the Canyon Dam Boat Launch.
• East Shore of Lake Almanor
• East Shore of Hwy 147 from Canyon Dam north to the Hwy 147 and
County Road A-13 intersection. East of Hwy 147 at CO A-13, to little Dyer
Mtn, southeast to DyerMtn. NEW roadblock at Hwy 147 and Old Haun
• North and Eastern parts of Indian Valley, from upper Williams Valley and
upper Pecks Valley east to include all portions of NorthValley Rd, Diamond
Mtn Rd, and North Arm.
• From the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction, north along Stover Mtn. Rd to the
County Line and west from the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction along the
south side of the highway to the CountyLine.
• Chester, from the Hwy36/Hwy89 Junction, east to the causeway,
both sides of Hwy 36 throughChester to the Lake Almanor edge and
to north to the County Line.
• Lake Almanor Peninsula
• Hamilton Branch
• Heart “K” Ranch, Includes Taylor Diggins Mine, north to Engel Mine, east to
Lower Lone Rock, south to the border to Zone 28, west to the Taylor
• Lone Rock, Includes Moonlight Valley, Engel Mine, Lone Rock Valley, and
a portion of Growers Blvd. USFS Rd. 28N32 intersection of Plumas/Lassen
line, and east to Diamond Mountainarea, south to Lone Rock.
• Antelope, includes the area surrounding Antelope Lake, North to the
Plumas/Lassen Line as well as East to the Plumas Lassen Line,
including Fruit Growers Blvd USFS Road 28N32, IndianCreek Road,
Page 4 of 9
Diamond Mountain Way the area of Thompson Creek and Boulder
PLUMAS COUNTY EVACUATION WARNINGS
• High Lakes (Plumas County) Recreational area of Plumas County east of
the Butte/Plumas Countyline
• Butterfly Valley, Keddie to Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, SnakeLake
• This includes Spanish Creek Campground,Round House Rd Old Highway
• East side of Keddie, Round House Road and Old Hwy (WEST)
• Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, south to Barlow Rd and everything west to
• Mt. Hough, from north of Quincy to south of Arlington Road
• Oakland Camp
• Crescent Mills
• Plumas/Butte County line east to Twain
• Includes both sides of Hwy 70 in the areas of Rock Creek, Storrie.
• Tobin,Belden, Caribou Rich Bar, and Twain. DOES NOT INCLUDE RUSH
Plumas County Website: https://www.plumascounty.us
Sheriff Website: https://plumascounty.us/587/Sheriff-Coroner
Sheriff Dixie Fire Information:
Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plumascountysheriff
Plumas National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
BUTTE COUNTY EVACUATION ORDERS
BUTTE COUNTY EVACUATION WARNINGS
• Butte Meadows. This will include Humboldt Rd at Thatcher Ridge, up to
Cherry Hill Campgrounds, north to the Butte/Tehama County lines.
• Jonesville area. The Warning will encompass State Route 32 at the
Butte/Tehama County line, east to the area of Cherry Hill Campground,
southeast to Snag Lake, southwest to Skyway at Bull Creek, north along
Skyway to Humboldt Road.
• Snag Lake area. This will include Humbug Summit Rd at the Butte/Plumas
County lines, southwest across Snag Lake to Humbug Summit Rd and
Skyway. This warning includes the area surrounding High Lakes Rd near
the Carr Mine.
• Lake Philbrook area. This area includes Philbrook Lake south to Browns
Ravine Rd just east of 25 N22, east to the Butte/Plumas County lines.
Page 5 of 9
LASSEN COUNTY EVACUATION ORDERS
• South of Hwy 36 from Devil’s Corral east to Britt Ln and Thumper Hill and
south to Cheney Creek Rd
• Janesville west of Hwy 395 from Janesville Grade south to Milford Grade
• West of Hwy 395 from Milford Grade south to County Rd A26/Garnier Rd
• Susan River Canyon/Cheney Creek area south of Hwy 36 from Willard Hill
east to Korver Rd and south to the intersection of Cheney Cr. Rd and dirt
Gold Run Rd.
• Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the
Lassen County line east to the Willard Hill area.
• North of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County Line east to Coppervale.
• The area south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County line east to McCoy Flat
including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area.
LASSEN COUNTY EVACUATION WARNINGS
• East of Hwy 395 from the Flux Rd intersection to County Rd A25/Herlong
• Lake Forest Estates and Eagle Lake Road A1 from Hwy 36 north to the
County Access gate and east to Prattville Rd and north to Paiute Creek.
• The area west of Richmond Rd and south of Hwy 36 from Thumper Hill
east to S Weatherlow St and south to Gold Run Rd
• Diamond Mountain area from Forest Service Rd 29NO2 south to the
Lassen County line
• West of Richmond Rd from Gold Run Rd south to Childrens Rd but not
including roads immediately adjacent to the Golf Course
• East of Hwy 395 from Baxter Creek south of Sunnyside Rd not to include
Sunnyside Rd south to the Herlong Access Rd A25
• West of Hwy 395 from Milford Grade to the intersection of Herlong Access
• Area south of Hwy 44, north of Hwy 36, west to Hog Flat Reservoir
Lassen County Damage Inspection Map: https://arcg.is/0GvCeX
Lassen County Web site: http://www.co.lassen.ca.us
Sheriff Website: https://tinyurl.com/sy9frpx6
Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LassenSheriff
Lassen National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
TEHAMA COUNTY EVACUATION ORDERS
• TEH C16- The area of Fire Mountain Lodge. Thiswill include subzones
221, 222, 223, 224,225, 226, 228.
• TEH B16 The area north of Mineral
• TEH D16
• The town of Mineral
Page 6 of 9
• TEH B17 and C17- for the area of Childs Meadows/HighlandsResort.
This will include subzones 228 and 227 Area of Mill Creek, south of
Lassen Volcanic Park
• TEH 1 (D18, D19, E18, E19)- for the St. Bernard’s Lodgeand ElamCarter Creek areas.
• TEH 1 (D17)- for the Wilson Creek, Slate Creek, and
Area of Mill Creek, south of Lassen Volcanic Park
• TEH C18- for the area of Wilson Lake.
• THE C19- for the area to the east of Wilson Lake, to the
Tehama/Plumas County line.
TEHAMA COUNTY EVACUATION WARNINGS
• TEH B15
• TEH C15
• TEH D15
• T Zone 1- Includes the area of Colby Creek. The order will begin at the
Butte and Tehama County line, west along the TehamaCounty Line to the
intersection with SR32, north along the SR32 corridor to the intersection
with SR36, from the intersection with SR32 and SR36, east along SR36 to
the intersection with Plumas and Tehama County Line.
Tehama County Website: https://www.co.tehama.ca.us/
Sheriff Website: https://tehamaso.org/
Tehama Alert: https://tehamaso.org/tehama-alert/
Tehama Evacuation Map: https://tinyurl.com/2adkfcm8
Plumas County/Lassen County
• Springs of Hope Church at 59 Bell Ln. in Quincy (max capacity inside)
• Lassen Community College 478-200 CA-139, Susanville, CA
• Holy Family Catholic Church 108 Taylor Ave. Portola, CA
• Los Molinos Veterans Hall 7980 Sherwood Blvd, Los Molinos, CA
NOTE: The Lassen High School shelter has closed
American Red Cross Public Information Line: (855) 755-7711
• Plumas County Fairgrounds 204 Fairground Road, Quincy (large
• 201 Mill Creek Rd. Quincy (small animals)
• Recreation Center 101 Meadowbrook Lane, Chester
Page 7 of 9
• Tehama County Complex 1830 Walnut Street, Red Bluff
(large and small animals)
Wildlife Disaster network
• Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
• Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
Public traveling in or near evacuated areas should follow egress route
directions identified in the evacuation notifications. Directions providedby
mobile devices and GPS units could lead drivers into hazardous areas.
Motorists are encouraged to call 1-800-427-7623 for highway information as
roadway conditions remain dynamic.
• Humboldt Road at Jonesville Road. No east/northbound Humboldt Road or
east/southbound Jonesville Road traffic
Tehama County – CHP Susanville Comm. Center
• 36 eastbound @ tramway road
• SR-32 eastbound @ Scout Road
Shasta County – CHP Redding Comm. Center
• Lassen Volcanic National Park (LVNP) is closed. National Park Service
(NPS) is not staffing park entrances/exits on the north or south ends of SR89
• SR-44 eastbound @ SR-89/Old Station
Lassen County – CHP Susanville Comm. Center
• County Road A21 is closed to southbound traffic from Hwy 44
• Hwy 36 is closed west of Eagle Lake Rd A1
• Hwy 395 from A25 to Hwy 36 at Richmond Rd
Hwy 172 at Mineral
• Hwy 32 closed from Hwy 36 to Scout Rd.
• Hwy 147 closed
• Hwy 395 closed from A3 in Janesville to Hwy 70 Hallelujah JunctionSR 36
westbound closed at SR-44 (CHP).
• County Highway A1southbound closed at Gallatin Road
• US-395 from SR-70 to County Road A3/Standish Buntingville Road
• Standish Buntingville Road/County Highway A3 southbound closed at US395
• US-395 Caltrans one-way traffic control pilot car operations. Caltrans is
running a pilot car operation on US-395 between County Road A3/Standish
Buntingville Road and Dessert Pine Trail. The Caltrans pilot car takes
approximately 15-20 minutes to get from County Road A3/Standish
Buntingville Road and Dessert Pine Trail on US-395.
Page 8 of 9
• Cheney Creek Road @ Gold Run Road (unstaffed Lassen County Roads
barricade). No traffic on Cheney Creek Road from Gold Run Road.
• Cheney Creek Road @ South Street (unstaffed Lassen County Roads
barricade). No traffic on Cheney Creek Road from South Street.
Plumas County – CHP Susanville Comm. Center
• Genesee Road southbound @ Arlington Road
• SR-89 northbound @ Pioneer Road
• SR-89 southbound @ Old Haun Road / Greenville Wolf Creek Road
• Williams Valley Road northbound @ N. Valley Road / Main Street
• N. Valley Road northbound @ Stampfli Lane
• Indian Falls Road @ SR-89. No traffic into Indian Falls. SR-89 is open
• N. Valley Road northbound @ Nelson Street
• SR-89 northbound closed at Stampfli Road
• SR-89 southbound closed at Old Haun Road/Greenville Wolf Creek Road
• Williams Valley Road northbound closed at N. Valley Road/Main Street
• N. Valley Road northbound closed at Stampfli Lane
• Indian Falls Road closed at SR-89. No traffic into Indian Falls. SR-89 is open
• N. Valley Road northbound closed at Nelson Street
• Antelope Road closed at Beckwourth Genesee Road
• N. Arm Road south/westbound closed at Diamond Mountain Road
The Lassen National Forest (LNF) implemented Forest Order 06-21-08 as of
August 12, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety
through November 30, 2021. For additional information, visit the LNF Website:
Lassen National Forest -Eagle Lake and Hat Creek Campsites available for
evacuees. Contact Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org or call530-338-8745.
Evacuees need to check in with the campsite’s hosts. Before you go, make
sure the campgrounds are not under any evacuation warnings.
The Plumas National Forest (PNF) implemented Forest Order 05-11-00-21-15
as of July 16, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health andsafety.
For additional information, visit the PNF Website:
Forest Order 05-11-00-21-16 (Phases 1 and 2 Expanded Dixie Fire
Emergency Area, Road, Trail, and Developed Recreation Site Closure
All of Lassen National Park is closed to all access due to the Dixie Fire.
Page 9 of 9
Engines: 533 Water Tenders: 184 Helicopters: 20 Hand Crews: 84 Dozers: 199
Other: Total Personnel: 6,041
Numerous firefighting air tankers from throughout the State are flying fire
suppression missions as conditions allow.
Cooperating Agencies: Butte County Sheriff’s Office, Plumas County Sheriff’s Office, Lassen County
Sheriff’s Office, Tehama County Sheriff’s Office, Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, CHP, PG&E, CAL OES,
CAL-EMSA, California National Guard, California Conservation Corps, CAL TRANS, Sierra Pacific
Industries, W.M. Beaty and Associates, Collins Pine, California Department of Corrections, Burlington
Northern Santa Fe Railroad, Union Pacific Railroad
To learn more about wildfire preparedness visit: