PUBLIC NOTICE 8/5/2021 12:45pm
DIXIE FIRE EVACUATION ORDERS AND WARNINGS
NEW Mandatory Evacuation Orders have been issued for:
• Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County line east to Moonlight Ranch Rd- Zones LAS-E020 and LAS-E023
Evacuation orders remain in place for:
• The area south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County line east to A21 including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area -Zone LAS-E031
• The unpopulated area south of Mountain Meadows Reservoir from Hamilton Branch waterway east to the Lassen/Plumas County line. Zone LAS-E019.
New Evacuation Warnings have been issued for the following areas:
• Walker Lake area north of Mtn. Meadows Reservoir and south of Moonlight Rd. – Zone E018
• Area east of Mtn. Meadows Reservoir and south of Hwy 36 to Coppervale – Zone LAS-E026
• North of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County Line to A21 – Zone LAS-EO27
• South of Hwy. 44 from A21 to McCoy Flat. – Zone LAS-E028
• North of Hwy. 36 east of A21 – Zone LAS-EO29
The emergency alert zone map can be accessed at this link: community.zonehaven.com
Safety Message: People under evacuation order need to leave immediately. Those under warning who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock should leave now. Please use caution while leaving the area. Drive with your headlights on and yield to emergency personnel. Be aware that changes in fire activity may cause warnings to escalate to a mandatory evacuation order at any time. If you need assistance evacuating, call non-emergency dispatch at 530-257-6121. An Emergency Shelter has been set up at Lassen Community College. The Shelter number is (530) 250-9004. Large animals can be taken to the Lassen County Fairgrounds. Deputies will be going door to door to make notification.
For information on what to bring with you in the event of an evacuation, go to www.readyforwildfire.org