Fire Damages Panda Express Vent Duct

Panda Express on Main Street in Susanville was on fire Saturday afternoon. Susanville Fire and other multiple agencies responded after heavy smoke and flames were seen coming from the restaurant’s rooftop. Fire crews were able to secure the building and make sure all employees were out. Access to the roof was made and a hose lay to extinguish the flames. The fire was able to be contained to one roof ventilator, the duct, and the rooftop where the vent came out.