Electric Fryer Sparks Fire at Burger King

On Sunday morning, a fire broke out in Burger King on Main street in Susanville.

Around 11 am, Susanville fire department crews responded to smoke from the building. Initial calls came in that the fire was thought to be an electrical fire in the kitchen. Once at the scene, crews cut the power and found the fire near the primary fryer, in the electrical wires. A commercial kitchen extinguisher was used to stop the flames from allowing the crew to access the electrical compartments, the cause of the fire. Smoke filled the restaurant, yet fire crews were able to help remove the smoke and allow the chain’s manager to re-open operations.

Cal-Fire and the city Public Works Department assisted in the incident.