Burn Permit Suspension Lifted


CALFIRE has lifted the burn permit suspension for Lassen, Modoc, and Plumas counties.

If you already have an agricultural or residential burn permit, you can resume burning only on allowed days with no restrictions on hours. Though if you plan an ag burn, it must be inspected by Calfire until fire season ends. Call the local air pollution control district to find out if you can burn.

You can get your burn permit at any Calfire station or burnpermit.Fire.ca.gov.

Chief Moore of the Susanville Fire Department has also lifted burn permit suspensions within the city. If you live in city limits, you can get a permit at the fire department or City Hall.

The burn suspensions are lifted as of 8 am Monday.