Public Land Mining Claim Fees Due Sept. 1


If you own a mining claim you will need to get your claim fees and waivers in before your claim gets forfeited. The Bureau of land management is requesting that to retain your claim on public lands through the next assessment year you will need to pay your maintenance fee or file for a fee waiver. You will need to do so prior to September 1st. If you fail to do so, your claim will be forfeited and void. You can get a packet online at the BLM website or request it through the state office, limited in-person visits are available at the BLM Public Access Office in Sacramento. Visit for more information.