Squatters Spark Home Fire on Hall Street in Susanville


The vacant home’s attic at 110 ½ Hall street went up in flames around 8:30 am. An officer in the area spotted the fire and immediately called the Ssuanvilel Fire Department. A swift response had the fire knocked down within under half an hour.

As crews salvaged the building, investigations determined that a fire had been started in the home’s wood stove yet because the stove pipe was not connected in the attic area, the fire extended into the space.

There were no injuries reported.