Rapid Response by Susanville Fire Department Prevents Major Damage in Commercial Structure Fire


The Susanville Fire Department effectively tackled a fire at Jackson’s Service Center on Main Street. Firefighters responded to a call around 8 o’clock Monday night and discovered burning items in the office portion of the building.

After extinguishing the flames, crews conducted overhaul operations to ensure the fire hadn’t spread further. Fortunately, they confirmed the fire had been contained to the office space.

Investigations revealed that combustible materials were placed too close to a heater, triggering the blaze. However, with the swift response, the damage was primarily limited to the office area.

No injuries were reported, and the Susanville Fire Department received support from other local agencies, including the Susanville Police Department and the Susanville Natural Gas Department.