Family Devastated by Early Morning Home Fire

SHARE NOW

A mother and her 3 children suffer a devastating loss after their home burned over the weekend.

While the family lay asleep around 1 a.m. Sunday morning, the fire began to overtake the residence at 1005 North Street, all four family members were fortunate to escape the flames safely.

Susanville Fire along with multiple other agencies, responded to find the smoke billowing from the attic of the single-story home.

Fire officials say the fire was contained to the attic and a breaker panel box on the front of the house.

However, the inside of the home was damaged by water from firefighting efforts. The contents of which left the family without basic essentials.

A donation site has been set up to assist the family financially. The mother has also asked for clothing donations for a 14-year-old girl, 10 and 9-year-old boys, and herself.

If able to assist the family financially, you can visit GiveSendGo.com, search for “Support Reina and Family House Fire.”

Susanville Fire confirms the blaze was the result of an overloaded electrical system.

CalFIRE, Lake Forest Fire, Susanville PD, Susanville Public Works, and LMUD were on the scene assisting.

 

Photo provided on fundraising page by organizer