Transient Fire Spreads into Vegitation by Lassen Superior Courthouse


Susanville Fire Department contains transient caused fire behind court house around 8 am this morning. Two engines arrived and attacked the flames from two sides of Grove street and the River trail. Crews were able to keep the fire to a mere 12 feet by 25feet. Crews found the site to be litter with trash and human feces. It was determined that the fire was caused by a pile of burning charcoal used for cooking. From there, the fire spread into the nearby trash and the surrounding vegetation. Other assisting agencies arrived, including CalFire, Susanville Police Department, and Lassen County Sheriffs.