PRESS RELEASE 7/21/2021 4:30PM
DIXIE FIRE POWER OUTAGE
COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER AVAILABLE FOR IMPACTED RESIDENTS
To support local residents affected by power outages related to the Dixie Fire, an outdoor Community Resource Center (CRC) has been opened at Janesville Elementary School, 464-555 Main St., in Janesville (Lassen County).
The CRC will be open from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Wednesday, July 21, and from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Thursday, July 22.
The CRC will allow affected residents to access resources including:
• A safe location to meet their basic power needs, such as charging medical equipment and electronic devices.
• Up-to-date information about the event.
• Water, snacks and other essential items to reduce hardships to our customers.
To keep our customers and communities safe, all resource centers reflect appropriate COVID-19 health considerations and federal, state and county guidelines.
• Facial coverings are required at all sites and physical distancing is required at indoor sites, regardless of vaccination status.
• Supplies are handed out so customers can “grab and go” but customers may also opt to stay and charge their devices on site.
• In instances of high demand, medical device charging will be prioritized.
• Surfaces are regularly sanitized.
• For the health and safety of the community, we ask customers not to visit a center if they are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.