An oven left unattended caught fire threatening an apartment complex in Susanville. On Friday, around 11 pm, the Susanville fire department responded to the apartments on Limoneira drive. Light smoke was seen coming from the second story. All those living in the complex were safely out of the building, and fire crews located the fire in apartment 11. Once inside, the fire was found to have been put out by a fire extinguisher inside the unit and was contained to the oven. The oven was left on during an outage and unattended when power was restored. No injuries were reported. Multiple agencies assisted Svl fire, including Cal Fire, the CCC fire department, Svl Natural Gas, LMUD, and the police department.
Follow Us on Facebook
Latest Local News
As you head to the Reno-Tahoe International Airport for... Read More.
Lassen Municipal Utility District is raising what they are... Read More.
Only 150 provisional ballots remain to be counted in... Read More.