House Fire on Cypress Destroys One Outbuilding and Motorhome

Susanville Fire Department, supported by CAL FIRE Lassen-Modoc Unit and CCC Fire, responded to a house fire early this morning that destroyed one outbuilding and a motorhome on the property. The fire broke out around 4 am on Cypress street. The cause is said to have been made by human error, starting in an unattached garage.

The residential structure sustained minor damage, yet the garage and motorhome, fully engulfed in flames, were destroyed. Two neighboring homes sustained little heat and smoke damage. There were no injuries.