An oven left unattended caught fire threatening an apartment complex in Susanville. On Friday, around 11 pm, the Susanville fire department responded to the apartments on Limoneira drive. Light smoke was seen coming from the second story. All those living in the complex were... Read More.
An apartment and two vegetation fires kept emergency personnel busy over the weekend and caused one brief power outage on Sunday.A late-night fire started in Apartment 10 of Meadowbrook Apartments on N. Roop street in Susanville on Saturday, injuring three. One person escaped the... Read More.
A housing crisis in Plumas County is not only affecting you from buying a home it is also preventing businesses from recruiting new employees. To solve the issue for the Plumas Unified School district who has seen positions turned down due to lack of... Read More.
A fire broke out next door to the Westwood Fire Department yesterday morning, displacing up to 15 people. A SEMSA paramedic happened to notice smoke coming from the 9-roomed apartment complex in one of the 2nd-story rooms and notified the Fire Chief. The department... Read More.